ERC funding supports the highest quality research in Europe. It provides long-term funding for frontier, bottom-up, high-risk/high-gain research projects. The sole criterion in the proposal evaluation is scientific excellence. The applicants can be from any field or any nationality, as long as their research project is based in EU- or Associated County.
ERC funding offers a possibility to concentrate on research with visibility and recognition. UEF has hosted total of 11 ERC projects since the program was established.
You can explore more UEF’s research environments and researchers at UEF Connect. If you would like to apply for an ERC project at UEF, please send 1–2-page project idea paper, CV and publication list to UEF Research Services: firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are five types of ERC funding instruments:
- Starting Grants (StG) are targeted to early-stage researchers that have 2-7 years of experience since completion of PhD. The applicants should have a scientific track record that is showing great promise. The grant is aimed to support them to become independent research leaders.
- Consolidator Grants (CoG) support researchers that already have their research group but are not established yet. The applicant must have 7-12 years of experience since completion of PhD.
- Advanced Grants (AdG) are targeted to outstanding and established researchers that will continue their work to expand the frontiers of scientific knowledge. The applicants must have a track-record of significant research achievements in the last 10 years.
- Synergy Grants (SyG) support groups 2-4 of researchers who combine their skills, knowledge, and resources to solve ambitious research problems.
- Proof of Concept is targeted to principal investigators that hold one of the above-mentioned grants and want to progress on the path from ground-breaking research towards innovation.
Support from the UEF Research Services to ERC applicants:
- ERC Info Day organized in April.
- A training session provided by an external consult. This event is typically organized in late May or early June.
- Promising applicants are offered Comments on proposal drafts by an external consultant. If the applicant proceeds to the second stage (interview), they can utilize private training sessions provided by an external consult.
Applicants who are successful with their proposal and are granted the ERC funding, will receive strategic funding from UEF as indicated below:
- ERC Advanced Grant 50 000 € per year.
- ERC Consolidator Grant 30 000 € per year.
- ERC Starting Grant 20 000 € per year.
- For those who receive either a Starting or Consolidator grant are guaranteed a tenure track position at UEF.
For more information, please contact UEF Research Services: email@example.com.