The University of Eastern Finland – a healthy and safe working and studying environment characterised by well-being.
At the University of Eastern Finland, safety and security refer to a state where known risks are managed and mitigated, and where members of the academic community can work and study without fear or concern.
The university’s safety and security is the result of collaboration involving several actors. The coordination responsibility lies with the university. In matters related to safety and security, the university engages in close collaboration with local authorities and other educational institutions.
Report a safety or security incident
We seek to make sure that the University of Eastern Finland is a safe place for our students, staff members and guests.
If you notice an accident, emergency or crisis situation, please report it in order to make it possible for us to make the university a safer place for all. Please use this electronic form to report a safety or security incident.
Crisis Management Team
UEF has an appointed Crisis Management Team and, in the event of a crisis, the task of this team is to arrange psychological support and post-crisis care.
More detailed instructions for members of the university can be found on the Intranet.
Further information is also available on the Student life and well-being website.
Facility services and security services
Facility services in both campuses: ISS Services.
- Joensuu Campus (24 h / day), tel. +358 400 572 101
- Kuopio Campus: Snellmania, Melania, Canthia, Mediteknia and Medistudia buildings, working days btw 07.00-16.00 tel. +358 50 490 3633, btw 16.00-07.00 and weekends Service Center ISS 24h, tel. +358 200 15500
- Bioteknia building: Lassila & Tikanoja, tel. +358 10 636 121
- Tietoteknia building: Are Oy, tel. +358 20 530 5700
Security services on both campus: Securitas Oy.
- Securitas Oy (24 h / day), tel. +358 20 491 2600.
Head of Safety and Security, Occupational Health and Safety Manager